Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday at Dad's

Lois will be coming over tonight for dinner. It is also the midweeks visits with Lane and Clark. Once again Superman will have all his kids under one roof. And that make me happy.

This will be the first time she's seen her room since she left. It's in the process of being painted blue by Superman and Clark. Hopefully this doesn't hurt her feelings.

After dropping Clark off tonight we are going to swing by and see the Cousin. Because of all the bad weather here recently he didn't get a chance last week. We have the appointment tomorrow with the attorney tomorrow so tonight is our last chance to get it done.

I asked Superman if I could go to the attorney. He said sure. I tried to ask in a no-big-deal-you-won't-upset-me-and/or-this-is-not-a-trap-if-you-say-no-manner. I wanted to go but I didn't want to feel like I was pushing it on him. I, of course, didn't think he thought about it long enough. So I spent the next ten minutes trying to convince him by text he could tell me no if he wanted and he could take time if he needed. He responded, "The appointment with our attorney is at 3."

I know it's stupid but the simple phrase of "our attorney" made me smile. Fingers crossed only good news comes from the attorney.

5 comments:

Life of a Stepmama said...

Isn't it amazing how one word can totally affect how you feel about a comment? Had he said my attorney you would have fekt different. To me by hearing the we, us, and our, really helps me feel a part of all of this even though I may not physically be a part of everything.
It helps.

Katie said...

If Lois, who obviously thinks she's an adult, is upset about 'her' room being painted and given to the CHILD who still spends a lot of time under your roof, too bad for her! My step-son and step-daughter (after living at our house 80% of the time) decided to move to mom's senior year because mom was never home. And they were hurt and offended that we gave their rooms to their half-siblings who live here 100% of the time and, up until then, had all 4 been sharing a bedroom so the older part-timers could have their space. Can you say SELFISH?

Now stepdaughter, although she's been moved out two years, is hurt that we're painting ice blue over the blood red on her former walls. Should make her help since it'll be a huge pain in the butt and take about 20 coats.

diane rene said...

good luck!!

stef said...

I love that word 'our' it makes me feel connected. I hate it when the suit talks about calling 'my daughter' when calling her by her name at least acknowledges that we both have a relationship with her.

Stepped in H-E Double L said...

The word "our" is a big deal to me too. Maybe women in step families come to appreciate that word more because there is a lot that isn't "ours".

Have fun with all the kids tonight and good luck tomorrow!