Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Getaway

As a reward program for Clark, he can earn certain things for behaving and doing his school work. Last year, he completed 15 days of "green days" (he didn't get in any trouble and completed all his work) in a row. He earned a trip to the zoo, which is about four hours away.

This past weekend we were finally able to schedule it and made plans to go. Everyone was excited. We had planned letting the kids stay the night with their cousin who lives in the same city. She was excited to have the kids. We were taking advantage of the time for a much needed break to relax.

Everything was great at the zoo. Hot but good. The kids were having a good time and Kent was enjoying being pushed around all day. We packed everything up and went to go check into the room before dropping the kids off.

Then the sky opened up.

It was raining, wind blowing and baseball size hail falling from the sky on our newly repaired Nissan. I believe I was having a panic attack in the passenger seat. I don't do well in heavy traffic and apparently, do even worse with hail denting the car. I was sure any minute the windshield was going to bust. We made it to the hotel and of course their was a shuttle parked under the awning. We ran for the door. After numerous trips back and forth and about 3 gallons of water in Superman's shoes, the needed luggage was brought to the room. The room we had reserved had one king side bed. Awesome.

After about 2 hours the storm let up so we packed the kids up and took them over to her house to continue with the original plans. Little did we know the storm had other plans. On the way back to the hotel, more rain, hail and wind came our way.

We made it back to the room only to have the awning full of motorcycles. I went to the room and promptly called the front desk. I asked if I could park my car under the awning since they could and prevent other people from using it to drop off. I was upset to say the least. The night didn't get any better. Our room was by a very popular exit which woke us up every time the door opened.

We got up on Sunday, exhausted. We packed, got the kids, and headed home. We pulled into the driveway and I was never so happy to see my house. Don't get me wrong the day with the kids was great but COME ON!!!

We have to go back in 3 weeks for a birthday party. I will making my reservations early and with directions on what room I want. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Life of a Stepmama said...

Hope your car is ok, having to deal with hail damage is never a fun or cheap experience! That is terrible, glad the day went well other than that.

HappilyFlawed said...

Ohhh I sooo would have been calling the general manager of that hotel if they didnt offer to move me or something. Thats ridiculous. I hope next time goes much better!