Monday, September 13, 2010

As My World Turns.....

I am learning to navigate a previously unexplored territory for my family. Since Lois's baby, Kara, arrival I have been attempting to figure out how all this is supposed to work. This entire situation is only made worse by the fact, Lois continues to reside with Krypto.

I have made my plans known to Superman and he seems supportive, which I'm thankful for. I have decided I will not be watching Kara or picking her up. I will also not be providing any unsolicited information to Lois unless asked directly (more info on that later). No more will Superman be the messenger. I have not set any limits on when Lois and Kara can come over. I have requested Superman not watch Kara on every weekend. Lois having a child and needing a babysitter does not take priority over the children getting to participate in activities. So far it's working out but it is still very early and only to get more complicated.

Now, Kara's daddy, Otis, enlisted in the Marines and went to basic training in May of this year. He finished his 12 weeks and managed to get 30 day hardship pass to come home to see Kara. Superman and I were both were surprised he finished basic. We both knew this was a good thing for Lois and Kara since the military would force him to support his child.

While on the leave, he signed support papers for his first daughter. She is just 8 months older than Kara. I know, he's a winner. Now this support amount was based on what is making in the military so he's going to be paying about $425 monthly for his first child. He however did not sign any support paperwork for Lois.

Well a new development happened last week. Otis is getting Other Than Honorable discharged from the Marines. Awesome. Now Lois is trying to figure out what to do and how this will effect her support. (She doesn't know it yet, but based on his projected income she will be getting about $165 monthly which doesn't even cover child care) She has been trying to get information from me by way of Superman. I'm tired of playing this game of telephone. I told Superman she can now call me if she needs information. As I have mentioned I work at my state's child support enforcement unit. I could provide her with a great deal of useful information but it has been a week and still no call. Lots of "oh gosh. What am I going to do?" to Superman but not once has she taken the energy to pick up the phone.

This is a continuing problem with Lois. She wants everyone to do things for her. She failed to turn in her Medicaid paperwork when she was pregnant so as of today, she owes about $1300 for her pregnancy and about $6500 for Kara's birth. I still don't know if she has applied. If she doesn't do it in the next 30 days the state will not cover the Kara's bills for the birth. Lexie and Luther are planning on giving her a car once a suitable car can be found that fits into their budget. While at our house, Lois was complaining she hadn't gotten it yet. I bit my tongue. Nearly off. Thank god Superman spoke up about being grateful instead of so self-absorbed.

She wanted me to get the paperwork from work for her to fill out. After the fiasco with the Medicaid, when she basically ignored by advice, I decided I would no longer be offering any more help. I was done. It took her 6 weeks to call and get the application sent to her. And she still hasn't sent it back. And even Krypto has gotten into the mix. She text Superman last week "concerned" about Otis's child support.

Now how does my husband's ex wife's roommate's baby daddy's first baby's momma's child support matters any of her business? I know it's difficult to follow but welcome to my world. She assumes because she works in a payroll office she knows that child support goes back to birth (which it doesn't), and people get arrested after $5000 (which they don't). I honestly don't know if Krypto is so concerned because she might be losing the guaranteed money from Lois or if she is worried Otis will have to hide out at her house.

The relationship status between Lois and Otis changes daily if not hourly. She tells us they are not together but then she gets flowers at work from him. I give up. Otis sent Lois a letter during basic that was intended for another girl. Dumbass put it in the wrong envelope. If she's willing to keep him around after that anything that happens after that is her own fault. Unfortunatly Kara will have to suffer the consequences of this back and forth.

I am part of a complicated clusterf%#@!!! I need a vacation and a cocktail.

3 comments:

stef said...

I am sorry to hear that Lois and Otis are acting like ass monkeys.

I hope things are better for you after the miscarriage. Sorry if that was painful to bring up, but I just wanted to give you a cyber hug as I know how tough it is weeks and months after the fact.

Pretend Mommy said...

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Crys said...

Maybe some cocktails and a getaway in the tropics :) I don't even know how that mess happened, but good job for standing up for yourself and not allowing Lois to take advantage of you.