Friday, August 13, 2010

My 10s

I saw this on a friend's facebook and really got me thinking. I need to focus on more positive things and why I continue stay even with all the turmoil around me. So here is my first set of 10s.

10 things...

that make me smile.

1. When Superman sends me a text "I miss you" just because he does.
2. My beautiful, energetic and lovable 17 month old playing peek-a-boo in his crib at the video monitor when he is supposed to be sleeping. He can entertain himself for an hour with his hands, a blanket and his pillow.
3. My best friend in the entire world having a healthy baby boy after trying for 6 years to get pregnant.
4. Clark and Kent holding hands as they walk into school.
5. Superman's voice as he talks so softly to his granddaughter.
6. Lane listing me as her mother on Facebook and Lexie who is secure enough to know that doesn't take anything away from her relationship with her daughter.
7. My life. Five years ago I was working at a job I hated, living in a city away from all my family and friends, and just broke up with my boyfriend to taking a big leap of faith and changing jobs, moving to a new city and meeting the man who would become my husband on my third day of work.
8. My husband snuggled up next to me as I sleep.
9. Superman's giggle. When he gets really tickled by something he gets an out of character giggle. This in turn sets me off. I can not control my laughter. This creates a vicious cycle of one person regaining control only to lose it again when the other person giggles. The most memorable incident was during my birthing class's breathing exercises. I'm surprised we didn't get thrown out.
10. When ALL my children are together happily playing together. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, for that moment I know all the pain and heartache has been worth it.

4 comments:

diane rene said...

I've been quietly following you for a while, but sometimes we need to physically turn our moods around all on our own ... this is a BEAUTIFUL start!

I do this myself, just to remind me that while the bad stuff seems like a bigger burden to carry, the good always outweighs it.

Life of a Stepmama said...

What a great list, in reading the book I recently got, "For Better, Science of a Good Marriage." It talks about the importance on focusing on the positives and being with a partner who celebrates your accomplishements. The couple that capitalizes on their positive events tend to be happier overall instead of only focusing on the wrongs in your relationship. Its a great start.

Crys said...

Positive thinking really does make a difference in your attitude and outlook. Love your list!

Eyes Wide Open said...

Jamie for some reason you fell off my blogroll (I think you switched from wordpress to blogger?) I'm so SO sorry I fell behind. And I'm so so sorry for your loss. That sucks. I know what you mean about seeing the heartbeat and getting that picture out of your head - I was one week away from being out of the first trimester and I had seen a good strong heartbeat twice. And, I never let my husband come to the doctor with me so he never got to see the heart beating - the only ultrasound he saw was the last one (no heartbeat). I promised him next time he could come to every appointment. And I feel so incredibly guilty for not letting him come with me and see our living child.
Email me if you ever need to vent or talk or you want to share your story, because you know I'm walking this road right along with you. I love this list, by the way; I'm so happy you have so many things that make you smile. I might borrow this idea for my own blog. And I wish the very best in trying to conceive.....have fun ;)
xoxoxo