Monday, October 17, 2011

Musical doctor and lesson learned

About two weeks ago, I decided I would take it upon myself to arrange the normal yearly appointments for Clark and Kent. In another stroke of scheduling genius I decided to schedule all the boys', including Superman's, eye doctor's appointments at the same time. Clark and Superman have always gone together so adding another child to the mix should not have been difficult. In my mind, Clark would go first with Superman and Krypto in the room, afterwards she would leave and I would step in with Kent and the process would continue with Kent seeing the doctor examine Superman first so he wouldn't be scared. This is not how it happened.

The front desk took FOREVER to complete the paperwork to insurance even with us arriving early. Instead of sending one completed file back at a time she decided to send all three. Well this made the start time past the appointment time so this in turn, pushed the staff into panic mode. The tech called Clark back and immediately called Kent. We tried to explain our family dynamics and various relationships without the aid of a flowchart but it was too much. Superman ended up running back and forth between rooms and the doctor. He had to kick Krypto out of his appointment twice because staff kept trying to push her in the room. It should not be this hard.

When everything was said and done with glasses ordered. I was informed Clark had left his backpack in our vehicle and since he was going home to Krypto's that night I needed to get it. Clark, Krypto, Kent and I walked to the vehicle. I opened it retrieved the backpack and let the boys say goodbye one more time. Clark runs off with his mother yelling back at me, "Bye, Mom.". I knew I was going to pay for that one later. I didn't see her face but I know it turned to ice.

I go back inside to tell him about the comment and he in turns tells me his funny story. Krytpo wanted to get Clark contacts. I was shocked. This is the child who still get skid marks in his underwear and she thinks he's responsible enough to put something in his eye. This coming from the woman who can't wear contacts for any length because of the problems she had because she didn't take care of her own contacts. This coming from the woman who decided to flush Clark's live fish because the fish bowl was too dirty to clean. Great idea. Superman decided to let her ask the doctor and then say his peace. Apparently the doctor felt he was too young also and the issue would be revisited in 2 years and when both parents agree. Krypto decided to throw Clark under the bus for wanting them against her better judgment. Superman said Krypto was trying her hardest to make sure the doctor understood she was just bringing it up like she promised Clark she would.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love how they always voice some stupid opionion they have and then blame it on the child! One time Baby Mama told me that my stepson told her that "Daddy lets him poop in the bathtub." Really??

Life of a Stepmama said...

Any excuse they can find!! haha hilarious.