Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving thanks

If you were to read this blog you would assume I was not happy with my situation and on the verge of running away to a desserted island. That is far from the truth.... 99% of the time.

I do have a lot to be thankful for

1. I have a roof over my head, and job to go to.
2. A husband who loves me not despite my flaws but because of them.
3. Three wonderful stepkids who have taught me restraint, compassion, and patience.
4. An amazing little boy I get to call my own. The wonders of motherhood cannot be matched.
5. Extended family who support us in our quest to strengthen our pieced together family.

Without the trials and tribulations of the last 4 years I don't think I would understand the true value of those things. And for that I am most thankful for.

1 comment:

Eyes Wide Open said...

I especially like what you said about your stepkids teachings you patience, etc. I never thought of it that way, but I was never a patient person until I found myself in this situation.
Have a great T-day!