Sunday, November 29, 2009

Surviving the holidays


This year the kids were with their mothers. It didn't feel like Thanksgiving. I feel bad that it was Kent's first and I didn't go all out. My sister-in-law and her son came over but it was missing a very important element to make it a true holiday...the rest of our family.

After everything was said and done we both decided we will be traveling in future years when we don't have all the kids. We can make our own traditions with Kent. Maybe see my sister or his brother who we never see because of the distance and the time contraints placed on us by visitation schedules.

This year we have all the kids for Christmas morning which I can't wait for. Hopefully the Christmas spirit will hit me soon.

1 comment:

Eyes Wide Open said...

Just program your radio to the holiday music station...you'll get bit by the Christmas bug!
Sorry you didn't have the whole family together.....but I love your plan of traveling in the future. Sounds like a good way to make the best of it!