Monday, November 23, 2009

Learning to trust

A couple of weeks ago we began to suspect Lois was having her boyfriend over while we weren't home. This was the only rule that I felt very strongly about. I want to have total control over who is in my house.

Superman told me he had found oil stains on our driveway. He said he's been watching and her boyfriend's car is leaking oil. The spots are in the middle of the driveway and Superman parks his car on the right side so for those marks to be there he couldn't have been home.

There is also the matter of the mysterious coke can. When she was home sick for a few days a can of coke appeared in the kitchen. We did not buy it and she didn't go anywhere. So how did it appear on the house?

I had been on Superman to sit her down and talk to her. It had been over a week and still nothing. Finally I had it. I told him very directly that I may not be able to control what happens to the kids, be able to control crazy exwives or even defend myself when I have been talked bad about but as god as my witness I will control what happens in my own fucking house.

Now maybe the language wasn't needed and I know my tone could have been better but it made my point. He called Lois and told her to make some time to talk.

She denied it all. I don't believe her. He does. He is trained to detect deception. I think he's blind with regards to his daughter.

Should I setup a camera or just let it be? She now knows we are looking so will she just improve her techniques or will she stop. I need to learn to trust but she has burned me too many times.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I suppose it depends on where she feels the questioning is coming from. If she says 'yes' then there may be trouble looming it's better to say 'no.'

I hope it was broached as 'it's not a big deal if you have visitors, but if you could let us know that would grand.'