Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week in Review

My life has carried on. Mother's Day has come and gone. My role as wife and mother was celebrated by my husband and Kent. The other kids were with their own mothers. I was pampered and got to take a day off from diaper duty.

I was fine until late that night when I cried. I cried for what should have been, for our loss and for possible future heartbreak. I was supposed to be entering my second trimester not coping with the loss of yet another child.

Trying to get pregnant is not fun. Worrying about cycles, timing, temperatures, injections, not to mention all the worries about what might happen. The more you learn about how to get pregnant the more you wonder how anyone every manages to do it by accident. I know Superman wanted to be done by his next birthday. His dad died when he was very young and he decided a long time ago he would not put his kids through that. He wants to be able to enjoy his kids while they are still young. I have always agreed with him. This time table has added to my stress level. I haven't had the courage to ask him how the recent events might effect that timeline. I'm not ready for an answer.

On a different note, Mr. Wonderful, Lois's boyfriend/baby daddy has officially left for Marine basic training. My prediction: he gets discharged for "medical reasons". She has been talking more to Superman. She says she misses Kent. She hasn't seen him in 2 months. He told her she could come by the house at anytime. She asked if I was still mad at her. She made it sound like I refused to let her come over. I am not the one who made the declaration about not coming over unless I wasn't home. She did that all on her own.

Her graduation is this Saturday. Superman has asked if I am coming. I told him I will not be attending unless I know she wants me there. He has asked if he can invite her over for dinner this week. I was on the fence. Then something happened. She sent me a text on Mother's Day. A simple Happy Mother's Day. I was shocked. So was Superman. I told him to invite her over. I guess we both can give a little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope dinner goes well!!!

stef said...

I hope things aren't too difficult. I know how hard it can be to be around pregnant women after miscarriage. But as the peace branch has been extended I hope things get better.

Crys said...

I too hope your dinner goes well. And that was thoughtful of her to send a text. You never know.

Smirking Cat said...

I am sorry Mother's Day was difficult for you.