Sunday, December 13, 2009

On Purpose

I think she planned this pregnancy. She is not reacting at all like I thought she would. She is not acting sad or depressed as a matter of fact she seems excited and happy.

And that is making this more difficult for me to deal with.

That and she asked to wear some of my maternity clothes. After her mother bought her some freaking maternity clothes and baby gifts.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

I think she thought her boyfriend and her would live happily ever after.

Here is the background on Mr. Wonderful. He just had a baby with his last girlfriend. On Monday. He is a senior in high school. And he almost 20.

She can pick a winner.

I am trying to let go of my anger but I can't get over it right now. I have to admit this is bringing back painful memories from my own youth. Only a handful of people on the planet know about it but I too had to deal with an unplanned pregnancy at almost her age. I am still dealing with my decision.

I am angry she might have made this decision expecting our complete financial support.

We have decided to take most of her Christmas gifts back to help offsets some of the expenses she has caused us so the other kids don't suffer.

I still have yet to make eye contact with her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this must all be so maddening and frustrating and upsetting for you!

I'm thinking of you and your family and hoping for the best, whatever that it.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

My stepdaughter has a classmate who got pregnant on purpose at 15. She's absolutely ecstatic about her pregnancy and can't wait to be a mommy. She posts her ultrasound pictures on myspace and all her friends think it's so cool. It's pure insanity. Reality is going to hit hard in a few months.

I can't blame you for taking her gifts back, but her attitude will probably not be pleasant after Christmas. Your family is in my thoughts.

Life of a Stepmama said...

Why are more and more young teenage girls acting like its ok to get pregnant? When I was growing up this would have been the worst thing ever, I was terrified of this outcome and had a friend get pregnant, she had an abortion but she made the right decicion for her at the time. The BM in my life got pregnant on purpose at 19, seriously who would want that???? It blows my mind, I cannot imagine how hard this is for you right now. I really hope she gets a reality check soon.

Eyes Wide Open said...

Sounds like there are some seriously deep issues at rest here with Lois.
Your situation has been weighing heavily on my mind all weekend...I can't even imagine how I would handle this situation in my own life. Is the boyfriend going to be involved at all, or is his gone for good?
I am hoping for Lois to get a reality check soon...or else she's in for one hell of a surprise.

Pretend Mommy said...

I don't know if he's gone for good. She apparently talked to him for a little bit last night. I don't know what was said. I didn't ask.

We have yet to sit her down and talk with her about what we are willing to offer. Neither one of has completely come to terms with the situation yet. We don't want to come at her with anger but instead a calm and united front.

Her attitude is the best it's been the last several months. I don't think she has any clue about what is going on around her.

She is all over Kent. Wants to play with him and hold him all the time. Especially in public.

I have thought for several months she puts it on pretty thick in public. I even had a conversation with Superman about it before all the other came out. I thought she liked the idea of people believing Kent was hers.

Crys said...

Either way I think she's in for a rude awakening when the baby is born.