Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drastic Measures

A simple request turned into a HUGE ordeal.

On Saturday night, I noticed Lois had friended Krypto on Facebo*k. She's an adult. She can do what she wants I guess. We already knew she had been talking with her and hanging out with her recently.

While she was living with us we allowed her to upload some pictures of Kent onto her Faceb**k with very specific directions. She was to keep her privacy settings so no one else could see and she could not have Krypto as a friend.

Because of her recent decisions we asked her to take down the pictures of her brother. Krypto already had a picture of my son on her phone and I didn't want her accessing all of his newborn pictures we had taken. Little did we know this request would become such a cluster.

She basically told us she was not taking the pictures down because we didn't have a good enough reason and he is her brother. WTF!!!! Oh HELL no. In what universe did she think that was going to end the debate. Sister does not trump mommy and daddy. EVER.

So I took matters into my own hands. I contacted the photographer and asked if I could make a request to have the pictures removed on her behalf by Faceb**k. She agreed. I then proceeded to contact the local police and ask if they would make contact with her. Which they did.

She was furious and talking in circles. She thought we were being childish and our reasons weren't valid. She thinks Krypto is trying to be nice and the relationship would be better if I wasn't causing all these problems. Of course. It always comes back to me. It was like listening to Krypto talk about how everything was better before I came along.

Superman got off the phone upset and hurt.

This morning I found Lois had defriended me and set her privacy setting so I couldn't see the album. Does she think I'm stupid?

Well her scheme didn't work because a few hours later I got an email from Faceb**k. The pictures have been removed for copyright violations.

I understand she is my husband's daughter. But who the fuck does she think she is telling me what and who can have access to my son? I have been told countless times I am not the mommy so I don't get to make the decisions regarding the steps. But guess what bitch, I am the mommy now. For real. She has no idea who she is messing with. Now I'm just waiting to see what her response is once Faceb**k tells her the pictures were removed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - sounds like a real mess - sometimes I question if facebook does more harm then good.....

HappilyFlawed said...

I have all my settings for pics set as private so the psychos that i used to associate with would have no access to pictures of my girl.

Glad that FB did something about the pics and the photog was nice enough to say go for it.

Life of a Stepmama said...

That is really good facebook stepped up and took care of the problem. Sorry you are having to go through this, must be nice that the excuse of not being the mom no longer holds true in this situation. That has to be refreshing for a change. Hope it gets better! :)

Crys said...

That sounds irritating. I'm very glad that Facebook was able to help you out though. They're customer service isn't the greatest from my experience so I'm glad that it pulled through for you.

Dana Thompson said...

Maybe I just don't understand what the big deal is, but it's just a picture, right? Did she write bad things about her brother or is there something else that I missed? What's Krypto going to do with the pictures if she sees them? I guess I'm just wondering why it's such a big deal. Maybe she's proud of her brother and wants to show him off.

Pretend Mommy said...

This is a big deal to us. If Krypto is given access to the pictures on facebook she will then be able to have an electronic copy. She has already proven she will. She still has the picture on her phone.

Lois is proud of her brother however she does not have a right to post pictures on facebook. She can keep pictures of him but ultimately we have to final say on where those pictures go.

We are very protective of his pictures. We have refused to sign the photo release at his school and this includes all the kids. We both have worked in the child abuse field and have seen too much of what happens.

Besides, do you make a habit of giving pictures of your kids and family to people who you don't like?