Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week in Review

Lois has a new BFF...Krypto. They hang out and text all the time. I'm slowly learning not to let it bother me anymore. I know what is going to happen ultimately. One or the other will stab the other in the back when it suits their own needs. Some of the other family has expressed some concern with them hanging out. They don't understand it anymore than I do.

She texted Superman last week to let him know she was having a little girl. I'm glad she told him. At least the lines of communication are still open.

Kent is officially one years old. We had a party for him and all the family came, minus Lois. She decided to go to the movies with Krypto instead. Lane sent a text to Lois with a picture of Kent in his birthday. Superman asked her not to send anymore. If she wants to see him she can stop by at anytime but otherwise she is not allowed to get electronic copies of any pictures. She was upset and doesn't think we should be doing that. We tried to explain that Lois is an adult and gets to make her own decisions however those decision do not include Kent.

Our parent teacher conference is causing issues on both sides. The school requested we have combined conferences so we can discuss Clark's physical therapy and school info in one meeting instead of two. We have had separate conference since he was in preschool. Krypto was all excited. She has been trying to get combined conference since he was in preschool. She thinks I don't have a right to be there. We discussed it and since the school is mandating combined conferences we decided I would still attend. Krypto apparently figured I would and attempted to contact the principal. She told him that I was not allowed to go per the court order and she just now found out I had been going (OK can anyone say LIAR.)

I was very surprised the school told her that I would be allowed to attend because the court order did not include any of the language she referred to. When that failed she sent a text to Superman telling him the conference will only include her and him. That she is tired of me and I should mind my own business.

The order states the communication is to take place between mom and dad and not third parties. All communication is to be carried out by phone or email. Basically I am not the messenger or is Clark. That doesn't me I can't be involved at all. As usual she is trying to read more into the order than is there.

On a positive note for me, Clark brought home some fundraising items from school. It is his artwork turned into a magnet. He drew our family. It was soooo sweet. At first we didn't ask him about it because I was afraid it was going to be Krypto in the picture with Superman, Clark, and Kent. Clark eventually saw the magnet on the table and started telling Superman about it. It's ME!! I guess the little things can make my day.

1 comment:

stef said...

Yah for the school wanting to you to be involved but boo on the combined conferences!