Friday, January 23, 2009

Jumping to Conclusions

We picked the girls up today as usual. They are in the process of moving to the new house. Superman asks Lane how school went today. She responds she didn't go today because her mother needed her help. I instantly tense up. Lexie, in the past, has kept Lane home for reasons I wouldn't consider important enough to stay home for such as being grounded from school, needed help cleaning for company, etc. Besides Lane hates to miss school and it puts her into a panic.

Before anyone can express any feelings of regret or disapproval, Lane states, "My mom had a miscarriage and needed me." I immediately regret jumping to conclusions. I start to tear up. Superman and I had experienced a miscarriage ourselves earlier in the year and I can understand the pain she must be going through, both physically and emotionally. My disapproval was not warranted and I'm glad Lane never new my initial thoughts on the matter.

Both Superman and I did not feel it was in the girls best interest to have her mother expecting another child but I do wish this situation had ended differently. This is her third miscarriage. I pray she will be be strong and get through this hard time with the support of her husband and family.

No comments: