Friday, January 30, 2009

Midweek Drama

We experienced the Ice Storm of 2009 this week. Clark has been home all week with school being out. It was our week so I stayed home with him while Superman was having to work. We all fared well until the power went out. I fully expected it but not a mere hour after my husband left for work. I hate driving on ice and our vehicle was iced shut in the yard because it wasn't' able to make it up the driveway. My sister-in-law was nice enough to come rescue us so we wouldn't freeze. On Monday, Superman discussed with Krypto her midweek visitation. They agreed she wouldn't come and get him since the weather was so bad but we would let her take it later in the week. Now I had a bad feeling this decision will come back and haunt us.

I was right. On Thursday the roads were beginning to melt and power was being restored. Superman asked Krypto if she was still coming to pick him up. Initially she states she will take him for a little bit. She states she'll take him to dinner somewhere nearby so she doesn't have to drive very far with him. No problem. She has gone to work everyday so she has driven on the ice when it was at its worst so Thursday should be no problem. Shortly after that conversation, she tells Superman she has decided not to come. Also no problem. We assume the conversation is over regarding this week's visitation. Little did we know.

On Friday, she comes to pick Clark up and I tell him I would see him Monday. Apparently, when I said I'll see you Monday she heard must have heard "Ha Ha. We get our midweek and you didn't." Within minutes of her leaving the driveway, she is texting Superman. She states to be fair we shouldn't get out midweek to which Superman replies he is not missing time with his son and she is the one who decided not to take advantage of Thursday. She responds we must have wanted to put her and Clark's life in danger to come and get him.

Now if you decide to make a moral stand about putting Clark's life in danger then please don't be texting while driving on ice. It kind of negates any highground you might have had.

No comments: