Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Close To Home

I'm having a bad day. My job has gotten me down. I work for a child support enforcement agency which is about like saying I work for the devil or the IRS. I tend to tell strangers and acquaintances I work for the State in collections. Most people pay child support or knows somebody does and nobody likes the system.
Most days I enjoy my job. I get money for custodial parents who need it and help non custodial parents keep the system fair. I can understand both sides of the child support coin.

Today I am having a hard time remembering why I do this. I have both parties calling complaining and bitching expressing their opinions about what they deserve. It's either not enough, too much or the other doesn't deserve it. I get it. You don't like the other person and you haven't gotten over whatever led you to being apart. Please don't spew the hate on me.

Our own child support modification hearing is fast approaching. I know how the system works which has helped but Superman is not willing to take my advise. I deal with this everyday. I can figure out how much he is supposed to pay with one hand tied behind my back and a broken calculator.

He went as far as to ask an attorney how to fill out the initial paperwork. The same paperwork I help parents fill out every day. That hurt my feelings. He would be offended if I didn't take his word for something having to do with his job but since I don't charge $200 per hour I must not know what I'm doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch... I can see why you are upset...

Anonymous said...

That must be very frustrating for you, especially since Superman depends on you so much to take care of so much of his children's paperwork.