Monday, September 14, 2009

Facebook Friends Obsessions

Like most people I have a Facebook. I don't use mine to network or keep in touch with acquaintances from preschool. I use mine as another way of staying close to family and friends. A one-stop shop for pictures, videos and quick updates. I am very particular who I allow to be my friend.

While browsing my family and friends updates and such, I notice my sister-in-law has a new friend who commented on her status. IT'S KRYPTO!!! What the hell? They hate each other. I can't help myself. I start looking some more. Superman's niece and Kent's Godmother are also her friends now.

This really wouldn't be such a problem if any of these people liked her. They all know the turmoil she has caused and all were there when she stole from Superman while he was recovering from brain surgery. I am hurt. I instantly feel somehow this is a stab at me. Am I really liked by these people or would they rather have Krypto back? Surely not.

On a separate issue I know Superman's niece has pictures of Kent on her Facebook and now Krypto has access to those. Normally this isn't that big of a deal however there is a very concerning back story.

About 2 months after Kent was born we took him to see his other Aunt and Niece. They both have stayed in very close contact with Krypto. Because of this we limit the time we spend with them because they report everything to her. We know this but we still want them to meet their newest nephew/cousin. Unfortunately the Niece was not home when we went by. In the next couple of days we send a photo to her phone of Kent because she desperately wanted to see him. No big deal.

Fast forward one month. While changing Kent, Clark makes a simple unprompted statement. "My mom has a picture of Kent on her phone." My first thought is, of course, what is that crazy bitch doing with a picture of my son???. Superman calmly responds, "Really, where did she get that?" Clark not realizing anything out of the ordinary replies "My Cousin". Steam shoots from my ears.

What kind of person carries a picture of her ex-husband's new child around on her phone??? She doesn't even like me or the thought of Superman having another child. She is seriously disturbed. Superman approaches his Niece later and asks why she gave a picture of Kent to Krypto. She denies she did it but Kryto did have her phone and was looking through it. She was told no more pictures would be given to her or her mother.

Now back to the Facebook dilemma. When the sister-in-law and Niece come over for dinner Niece actually brings up the subject. Superman asks her why she did it. She is concerned by our reaction but admits it was for a business opportunity she has with Krypto that she already asked us about. She wanted to make sure we didn't feel like it was a conflict of interest. We told her back then if she could make money off her then she could do anything she wanted with our blessing. We told her the story regarding the phone pictures and she offered to take Kent's pictures off her site.

My sister-in-law denies she is on her friends lists but after logging in she finds it to be true. She continuously goes on and on about how much she doesn't like the woman. But I think she is protesting too much. I think we have another person on our hands who is obsessed with her friend count and is willing to add her just to increase her number.

So the pictures have been removed from Krypto's access and hopefullly no damage has been done.

No comments: