Friday, September 25, 2009

She's In

Lois is now officially at our house. Her clothes are in the closet, her bed is made, and her shoes are in the closet. I had no idea she had so many clothes. We apparently only saw a small portion of her closet every other weekend. She got in later than we hoped but rain slowed the process down.

We have a strict no interrogation policy at our house. We don't question the kids about the other households. We don't ask questions designed to solicit a response. Anything they tell us is of their own free will. But I was dying to know what happened the last few days to move up the move in day by more than a week.

While unpacking with Superman, Lois told Superman Lexie wanted her to leave because it was too hard on her. Lois being there and Lexie knowing she was leaving was too much so Lois was asked to leave. Lexie apparently cried most of the day yesterday and Luther wasn't even home.

I think Lois was a little hurt. You could tell yesterday. I know this is hard on everyone. Their little girl is becoming an adult but I don't think anyone thought this is how Lois would be spending her 18th birthday.

This is what we are getting from Lois. I know she could be playing us but only time will tell. She hasn't been caught lying to us recently and she told us things in the last two weeks that we had no idea she had done. (I wish she would have kept some of those little tidbits of information to herself)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with her settling in this weekend. :)

Crys said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm going to have to come back and read more, I got the last two entries into my head. And I want to read them with unsleep eyes. I hope that the move in went well and that you, Superman and Lois are getting along well!