Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Did Somebody Push Rewind

Lois is about to turn 18 years old. Superman is trying to deal with his oldest daughter becoming an adult, mainly by making plans to drink himself silly on the day of her birth. He has already informed her, the birthday money which in years past has gone to buy her a present will be going towards the purchasing of his alcohol.

Lois approached Superman a couple of weeks ago asking if she could move in with us once she turns 18. We had just gotten married when she asked to move in the first time. We decided she needed to confront her mother before we took the steps to have custody changed. By the end of the summer, Lois admitted she was using Superman in an attempt to get back at her mother. Superman was hurt and devastated.

I think this was the first time I felt betrayed by her and I admit it did damage our relationship. I don't think I fully recovered. I still don't trust her completely and I think she manipulates her family to get what she wants. I know she is a good person I just hope she realizes her mistakes before its too late.

The following summer she used the same technique only against us. She was mad at us so she told her mother our house stressed her out and she didn't want to come. Of course,Lexie did not return the courtesy. She allowed Lois to stay away inspite of the court order. Once again Superman was the injured party.

Lois is currently on lock down at both houses. In recent years she has become very manipulative, dishonest, and moody. More recently it all came to a head when she was confronted with direct evidence of her lies. She admitted to Superman several things which completely devastated him and he is still trying to deal with. In a moment of bad judgement Lois decided to post on facebook her conversation with her father. Unfortunately Lexie was also online spot checking her facebook.

This resulted in Lois once again asking to move with us. At the time Lois was not yet 18 and we decided it was best if Lois understood her decisions have consequences and our house was not to be used to hide from difficult situations.

As her birthday fast approaches we have come to a decision to let her move in. My hesitation comes from past experiences but my agreement comes from the hope Superman will have much wanted time with his daughter.

I do not know what is going to come but I know Lexie is going to want to kill Superman not going to be happy. She will see this as a betrayal and will do everything in her power to change her mind. I do not know if Superman will have the strength to enforce the agreement we will have with Lois. I can not allow her behavior to affect Clark or Kent. They deserve a stable enviroment.

No comments: